Certified Organic and Certified Fair Trade by IMO Group! These extraction grade vanilla beans from Uganda exhibit amazing aroma and flavour. Extraction grade beans are typically used by the large vanilla extract manufacturers. However, they are drier than Grade A vanilla beans. Additionally, these beans contain uneven lengths, and you may receive split beans within your batch. In general, these are not the 'prettiest' looking vanilla beans. But if appearance is not an issue, they provide excellent value for certified organic vanilla! |
Be aware that there is a big difference between 'Organic' and 'Certified Organic'. Many vanilla companies claim that their vanilla is grown organically, but they are unable to obtain certification due to various reasons. Without accredited certification, there is no way to know whether these growers are actually following USDA organic standards. Our Ugandan vanilla beans are Certified Organic through the IMO Group in Switzerland (www.IMO.ch). IMO Group is accredited as an official inspection agency with the USDA National Organic Program.
Our Uganda partners also pay premium prices to the individual growers and have achieved Fair Trade Certification (also through IMO Group in Switzerland)!
Vanilla beans available in packages ranging from 10 beans to 9 lb bulk orders. If you require larger quantities of vanilla beans, please contact us at email@example.com for bulk pricing.
- Grown in Uganda
- Certified Organic (USDA National Organic Program)
- Fair Trade Certified
- Extraction grade category
- Due to the various lengths within each batch, it is difficult to estimate how many extract grade vanilla beans will comprise 1 lb. However, due to lower moisture content and overall shorter length, you will get more extract-grade beans per pound versus Grade A
- Vanilla Species: Planifolia
- Approximately 25 beans per 1/4 lb
- Approximately 50 beans per 1/2 lb
- Approximately 100 beans per 1 lb